Put a Ring On It
Greetings Cascade Family and Friends,
I want take this opportunity to thank all the persons who contributed to another successful Marriage Enrichment weekend. The Friday and Saturday events provided good fellowship and helpful information. The Sunday worship was both informative and inspiring. I would like to share with those of you who missed it, and remind those of us who were there, a recap of the message delivered by Rev. James B. Logan.
Pastor Logan’s sermon topic, “If You Love It, Keep A Ring on It,” was in keeping with the Marriage ministry’s theme: “Respect the Ring: Making Love Last…Keep it Holy!” He walked us through Genesis, Chapters 2:23-25, 3:1-13, where Eve is convinced by the serpent to eat the forbidden fruit. We all know the story of after being questioned by God, Eve blamed the snake and Adam blamed Eve. The message from Pastor Logan for everyone is that if we are going to “Keep a ring on it” or say No to sin, we must “Guard the Gates.” For me, his perspective was quite insightful and I hope you will agree.
- Guard your ears. Be careful about what and to whom you listen.
- Guard your mouth (#1). Be selective about who you engage in conversation.
- Guard your mind. Be cautious of anything that causes you to question the word of God. Flee from all appearances of evil or unrighteousness.
- Guard your eyes. Are you looking at someone else other than your spouse?
- Guard your mouth (#2). Be mindful of the words that come out of your mouth, especially when you are in an emotional or adverse situation.
Marriage is a sacred gift that comes from God. And because it is so special, it deserves to be guarded and protected from the things that set out to destroy it. I am convinced that if we would all heed Pastor Logan’s advice, our marriages will be stronger and our lives will be peaceful and productive. Give it a try and experience God’s continued blessings in your marriages and in every area of your life.
Pastor Lawrence L. Young